Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I got pretty upset a few weeks ago when someone said Nirvana wasn't a good band. WHOA! Watch those hasty words there fella! Nirvana felt like my sustainer throughout the middle school years, I remember thinking if they were still around in Seattle that I would've given up everything to trek across the country to meet them. Looking back on those years; however, it seems as though the biggest seduction of their music was Cobain's crazy voice. The strains and crys he makes, the yelling and wild pitches are what most likely got me hooked to this band. weird, huh....

2 comments:

Hilary Cauchon said...

surprisingly enough, i love cobain's voice too!

Alicia Garcia said...

Have you ever read the Cobain journals? He was sooo messed up. But, I feel ya, Mel-Mel, Nirvana was my first cool band.