Sunday, February 14, 2010

sundaes

"Wretched man that I am!" -Romans 7:24
My selfishness mixed with my blinded ignorance is stunning in measure. O Lord my God, thank you for forgiveness. Thank you for creating an atonement of all my past, present, and future sins in Christ Jesus. Today, I have begun to realize how silly my thoughts have been lately. The past few days I've felt alienated from folks and these ideas have been stewing notions of anger, distress, and jealousy toward my community. In being completely wrapped up in my own desires for centrality and glorifying myself; I could not even see how loved I am. That all the while I was having a silent pity party in my thoughts- the reality was that people were including me, inviting me, engaging me, caring for me, and loving me.

Of course, I never need to be caught up in feelings of unimportant loneliness because I have Jesus always, never leaving or forsaking. But, for myself it is rarely that I truly am without others beside Christ- but that the prideful uplifting of myself is too big to let my eyes see the people around me. So glad God's grace is bigger than my sin!


[an aside: the prayers focused on thankfulness.....sooo good and spirit brightening]


highly, highly recommend this tea

No comments: